Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Oh the Hair Ties

 hairelastics1
A while back I got some really cool hair ties online.
I thought from the picture I knew what they were made of and confirmed upon arrival.

hairelastics2
FOE otherwise know as fold over elastic.
Back in my children’s boutique designing and selling days on eBay FOE became a trendy item to add colorful and stretchy elastic in clothes.
Most commonly FOE is used in trim in panties.
Comes in a wide array of colors and is soft and stretchy.

One day I was wearing my new pony holder and a friend asked about it.
Apparently I was trendy and didn’t even know it. :)
 A local day spa were selling them (for like $3 a piece!!)  And the local high school girls all wear them.
So went to eBay and found 17 colors and 70 yds for about $20.
They take seconds to make.
Nine inches and tie in knot.  Melt ends with lighter.
I made me a big batch (though honestly brown is my fav since it’s the color of my hair.)
And I have so much I make them for friends and their kids.

hairties
My girls wanted some of their own as well. Pink please. And lime green.

Fun fun!

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is a very cool idea! I have a bunch of FOE and I had no clue what to do with it ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails