Monday, September 3, 2012

Simple Large DIY Outdoor Tent

kbday6
The tent I made for Kalla’s latest bday bash was quick n easy.
Just like I like.

tent1
This particular one needs to hang from something.
I did not make supports to hold it up.
I hung it from a tree limb that hangs over our patio.
Here’s what I used:
Three 10ft pvc pipe
2 cheap queen sized flat sheets
Assorted ribbons
String of Christmas lights

tent2
I first sewed a bunch of colorful ribbons across the bottom seams of each of the flat sheets.
Then I hung one pvc pipe with twine to limb.
I wrapped the Christmas lights around the pipe hanging and then tied the sheets together at the top on each side.

tent4
At the top of each queen sheet was a wide hem that was open on one end and I inserted another pipe into each.
The pipes were a bit longer than the width of the sheets and I simply cut the extra off with large tree pruning cutters.
I used bricks to hold each side open as wide as it would go.

tent3
And inside I used a large quilt (king sized) inside for the girls to sit on.
I hope to get some more pipe to try to figure out how to make it free standing one day.  If I do, I’ll be sure to share!

3 comments:

zakkalife said...

Love the outdoor tent! I bet your children didn't want you to take it down.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 4 post on Sep. 17, 2012. Thanks again.

Denise said...

that's a darling birthday idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails